9.21.2013

Flourless Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Yep, you heard it right! No flour, no dairy, no problem. The first chilly day in Portland and I headed straight to the kitchen to whip up something sweet. My pinterest browsing feed basically starts with anything related to pumpkin at the moment so as you can tell, my seasonal spirit has kicked in gear. I also whipped these up while drinking a pumpkin spice latte. I can't help it! It is only here for such a short time. You've GOT to soak up the Fall time, otherwise it's here and gone before you know it.


So let's get baking! For all you sweet tooth folk like myself, you CAN enjoy sweets, it just has to be the right ones. And I highly suggest making your own at home and then freezing them to last longer. The key is minimal and natural ingredients. That's all ya gotta strive for!

Flourless Pumpkin Spice Cookies
(makes about 12)

1 c. creamy almond butter (peanut butter is OK too)
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1/4 c. raw honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or nutmeg and cinnamon)
1 tbs. almond milk

optional (and highly recommend) *sugar in the raw to sprinkle on top

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together all ingredients until blended smoothly together.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Scoop out small 1-2 inch balls of the batter and flatten evenly on the baking sheet.

Sprinkle a generous amount of the raw sugar on top of each cookie.

Bake for 15 minutes.

Eat and be merry! : )


No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think