3.29.2011

nourish... skin health

One thing I love about nourishing food, is the way it shows through on your face.  I truly believe that looking at the state of your skin can reveal many things about your internal health.  **This goes for women AND men.






































Poor diet, sleep depravity, stress, lack of water, smoking, alcohol, and caffeine are the biggest culprits (we all know this, right?).

We all have our habits.  So, if stopping these habits is too much, my suggestion is crowding out and incorporating... You'll eventually not want to keep the old habits around once you start feeling better.

Here is a start:
  • Sleep- even relaxation or resting
  • Purified Water
  • Fruits, leafy greens, and healthy fats (salmon, walnuts, olive oil, avocado, etc).
  • AIR!  Getting outside- if you live in a city, driving outside of the city to water or mountains.
  • Sunshine!  Vitamin D! (This doesn't mean bake in the sun with no sunscreen)
  • More green or white tea.
  • More raw foods.   
I also have been thoroughly enjoying these smoothies.  I'm not a big fruit person (chocolate takes up too much of my time), but once I started having these 3 times a week I honestly have seen a change in my skin.

Complexion Smoothie Recipe

1/2 Cup Frozen Berries (i use a mix)
1/2 Frozen banana
1 cup Organic Carrot juice
1 scoop of greens powder OR a 1 cup of kale or spinach. 
(They sell green powder at any health food store, just ask an associate.  Sometimes they are pricey and I was on a budget, so I purchased mine at Trader Joes for $9 (along with every other ingredient in this).

Try this for two weeks and the other suggestions.  See what happens!

In need of good organic products?

Happy beautifying...

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think