7.27.2012

Morning Pick-Me-Up

I always tell my clients to listen carefully to their bodies, especially when it comes to the first meal of the day.  I used to be a cereal junkie.   I would eat colorfully and healthfully all throughout the day, but my morning bowl of cereal with almond milk was something that I refused to give up (ahem... peanut butter panda puffs).  As I grew older and wiser, fighting my childhood happiness of cereal, I finally decided to branch out.  As I began to fill my morning with more balanced, nutrient dense foods, my body thanked me kindly and the quality of my day truly changed.  My breakfast now-a-days looks a bit different.  What feels best for my body is eggs, sprouted toast with avocado, or a greens smoothie.  So, start experimenting!  This mornings smoothie design was a big success, maybe this can be your first try!



Greens + Glowing Smoothie
serves 2

Ingredients:

1/2 C. Frozen Spinach
1/3 C. (or 2 heaping spoonfuls) Greek Yogurt *this can be left out for a dairy free version
1 C. Frozen Mango
1/2 of Banana
4-5 Strawberries Fresh or Frozen
1-2 C. Vanilla Coconut Milk
1 Tsp. Chia Seeds

Optional:


Blend together and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I usually eat high fiber oatmeal with almond milk. I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love oatmeal! I hope you like the smoothie. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, love the mango!
    My favorite is the Greena-Colada :)
    Frozen Pineapple, Fresh banana, Kale, Coconut Milk, Chia Seeds

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sis instructed me about your web site and the way great it is. She's right, I am actually impressed with the writing and slick design. It appears to me you're simply scratching the floor in terms of what you may accomplish, however you're off to an ideal begin!

    ReplyDelete

tell me whatcha think