9.26.2012

Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake

Yesterday I concocted a nice twist on your average protein shake.  I don't have protein shakes too often, but when I do, I like to spice em' up a bit.  And yesterday, in honor of Fall, I did just that.




Pumpkin Love: 

Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, iron and fiber and  promotes healthy eyesight, oxygen usage, energy production and digestion.  It is also low calorie, making it a great addition when baking this season.

Ingredients:

1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (stevia sweetened, like Tera's Whey)
1 Small Frozen Banana
1/2 C. Pumpkin Puree
1/2 C.-1 C. Vanilla Almond Milk
1/2 t. Cinnamon
1/2 t. Pumpkin Pie Spice
A few ice cubes to thicken
Chia Seeds garnish

Directions:

Blend together and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think