10.12.2012

Home Sweet (New) Home

Hey Oregon!


Thanks for the welcoming!  It feels awfully good to be back in this beautiful state.  The drive up from San Diego was really quite boring.  That is until you get past Sacramento.  Shasta Lake and everything after that-breathtaking.

Captured this gem outside of Dunsmuir, CA. 

(HELLO)

I was also able to fight through your normal "13 hour car ride (we stopped in Ashland, OR) foggy slump," by fueling up on healthy snacks (kale chips, apples, almonds, larabars, etc.).  And of course- a Fall appropriate Pumpkin Spice Latte (my favorite treat).  

And yes- I said treat.  80/20 Rule!


Then we arrived in Ashland, OR.  I had a long attempt at making a video for you guys, only to come to the conclusion that after a 13 hour car ride I wasn't the most personable on a camera, nor was I really making any sense at all for that matter.  Plus, my hair was hot mess and my hat made me look eye-less on camera.  



So, consider the lack of video a really good thing.  ; )

By this time, a beer was on my mind.  We headed over to the Standing Stone Brewery where I ordered their October Fest beer and tempeh brown rice stir fry.  

At this point, I was quite content.


We woke up around 7 the next day and hit the road.  We made great timing into Portland and decided to let the first stop be Crave Bake Shop in Lake Oswego.  

BEST. GLUTEN FREE. CUPCAKE. EVER.

ever, ever, ever, ever, ever...


So, with a happy belly and packed car, I am home.  Time to unpack, unwind, and enjoy the rain today.

Happy Friday everyone!

Lindsay XO

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it to Oregon safely! San Diego will miss you tons hun! I need to connect you with my friend in Portland she's super into nutrition, health and an active lifestyle :)

    Love your blogs keep up the good work! xo

    ReplyDelete

tell me whatcha think