10.28.2012

My Kind of Day Off

Having an entire day off is quite liberating.  I'm talking- no work, no errands, no plans, no household duties- nada.  You almost get to the point where you don't even know what to do with yourself, which is why I unexplainably took a nap and made myself a cocktail at 3pm.  No judgements!

While confused, I decided to kick my feet up, have a second cup of coffee (another rarity), read some good magazines, and watch the food channel.  Oh guilty pleasures...


I also had a yummy day of eating... 

Breakfast:  Steel cut oats with some pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, coconut sugar, and slivered almonds.

Lunch:  Greek Stuffed Pepper (sautéed some kale, sun dried tomatoes, shrimp, and onion with some garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.  I then tossed the mixture into half of a red bell pepper with some feta on top and cooked it in the oven for about 15 minutes.


And then, a simple and delicious snack...


After all that relaxing I decided that I would veture out of the house.  We ended up eating food at a bar in Portland, and can I just say... Portland bar food is not like any other bar food.  I had a brown rice bowl with kale, coconut and lentils... They really know how to do things up here, just sayin'! Not to mention it was $6.  Got to love that! 

Well, I am off to read my book and do some laundry (hold the excitement).  

Happy Sunday!!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think