11.01.2012

Soaring High + Tackling Your Dreams

Lately, I have thought a lot about the big picture of my life.  I have always felt like a multi-facetted person.  I love to do A LOT of things, making it challenging to narrow in on what exactly I want to focus my time on.  With that said, I have a few big dreams that I am determined to accomplish.  Sometimes I laugh at them because that is how far away from reality they seem.  But I am reminding myself today that the most influential people in this world are all really just like us.  The only difference is that they manage their time better and go for it.  Giving up is not an option.


With that said, November is going to be a focus month for me.  For it to be so, that first means taking out my distractions.  I find social media to be the biggest, especially because most of my work revolves around it.  But how often do I go online thinking I will write a Facebook post on nutrition and wind up surfing the web for clothes?  Umm, maybe a few too many times.

I love the quote from Albert Einstein that says,  "I fear the day when the technology overlaps with our humanity. The world will only have a generation of idiots." So true, right?  I find myself checking my phone at dinner, checking it in traffic, or while hanging out with friends... and I know I'm not the only one!  It is pretty scary, right?  Life is just passing us by and we are on our smart phone the entire time.



Anyway, my first goal will be to place precious time on real life events and things that get me to that result I want.  My second goal is to educate and learn.  If you want to be the best or start something big, you have to have the tools to do so.  Which is why my trip to Powells bookstore today may be a pricey one.  Plus, I am just finishing up a book-which by the way, is a REALLY good one.  Bethenny Fankel, "A Place of Yes."  The perfect book for my life at the moment and a recommended easy read!

My last goal is that I want to let go of fear and toughen up a bit.  Tackling big dreams, especially mine, wont come easy.  It is so easy to get discouraged and start backpedaling, but pressing forward and getting through the yuck only makes us stronger.  And hold me accountable to this!

On an ending note if nothing else mattered in the world: finances, education, difficulties, location, etc., what would you want to do with your life?

It is a powerful thing to ask yourself, but honestly... why aren't we doing it!?    I asked a friend of mine this and she said that she would just want to be a stay at home mom, but the fear of being labeled as a "stay at home mom" was in the way.  My other friend, who said he would want to be a pilot, but wont do it now because he feels like he is getting too old.  Or a family friend who has always wanted to have a bakery, but works in business and finance.

Are we missing out on our calling and what will truly fulfill us?  I know sometimes our dreams seem unrealistic, but how close can we get to achieving them?  What would you be doing in life if none of the logistics mattered?

Share with me =)

Lindz xx

2 comments:

  1. "What would you be doing in life if none of the logistics mattered?"...That's a difficult question. At this point, I'm on the path of discovering my purpose. How hard am I working on that? I know not hard enough! Thank you for your post, it was a good reminder to follow my heart and dreams, they are possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the reminder... I have wanted to open up a kids store my whole life and haven't done so. Seems very unrealistic, but I am challenged this morning to take a look back into that.

    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete

tell me whatcha think