1.31.2013

Simple Spicy Crab Salad

Last year I took a long trip back to the East Coast (Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, and Pennsylvania).  There was A LOT that I liked about being there: so much history, beautiful scenery, great energy.  But I must say, the foodie in me was pretty dang excited about the seafood.

My first day in Annapolis, Maryland was spent taking apart and picking the meat out of crabs.  While it may not seem like the most glamorous job, it sure made for some good laughs and a bunch of tasty fresh crab meat.  We made this crab meat into a dip and drenched it in old bay seasoning, mayo, and cheese.  Yep, not the cleanest way to eat fresh crab meat.

But have no fear... If you are a crab dip lover like myself, trying a crab salad may bring some healthy food excitement into your life.  And of course, it is a much cleaner option!

Spicy Crab Salad
serves 6

1 lemon
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2-3 Teaspoons of Hot Sauce
1 lb. Crab Meat
1 Avocado (pitted, and diced)
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions

In a bowl, mix together the juice of one lemon, olive oil, and hot sauce.

In another larger bowl, combine crabmeat, and avocado.

Pour in lemon, oil, and hot sauce mix and gently mix.

Salt and Pepper and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think