3.11.2013

Paleo Asparagus Fries

I think I have a ketchup problem.

I'm not even kidding. I have been putting ketchup on just about anything and everything. And to think that it took me until my mid 20's to realize how great it is... such a shame.




Anyway! I make green bean fries quite often, and dip them in, well, ketchup. This time however, in honor of March and asparagus coming into their season, I went this route instead.  Good, good thinking on my part.  These are DELICIOUS!

Paleo Asparagus Fries
serves 1-2 

1 large bundle of asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
1/2 c. almond meal
1/3 c. egg whites (for egg-free, try melted coconut oil instead)
1/4 tsp Spike seasoning (salt free)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Sea salt to taste

Directions 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Set aside a non-stick baking sheet that has been sprayed with olive oil.

On a large plate, mix together the almond meal and all seasonings.

Then, separately, you will want to brush each spear lightly with egg whites.  I used a basting brush for this.

After brushing each spear, roll each one into the almond meal/seasoning mixture. Cover lightly and evenly.

Transfer each one onto the baking sheet, and begin to lay them out to cover the entire sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes and then turn them over.  Bake for another 10 or until they are browned.

Serve with KETCHUP! Or by themselves if you are strict paleo... ; )

4 comments:

  1. Just made these! Holy moly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy and probably taste amazing! thanks for sharing.. I have nominated you on my blog check it out!

    -Rosy
    www.ajoyfulkindoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. also great with lemon pepper and olive oil, a spritz of Braggs aminos, but this looks amazing!!! yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asparagus is about to be everywhere here in my corner of France so I'm definitely going to be giving this recipe a try! Mine will be without ketchup but I know my husband's will be with :)

    ReplyDelete

tell me whatcha think