5.03.2013

Lavender + Honey Almond Flour Cookies























My love for lavender stems quite deeply.  Lavender tea, lavender + lime spritzers, lavender house spray, my lavender filled heating pack that I sleep with... I mean really, the list still goes on...

Aside from the dreamy aroma, when ingested, lavender is a powerful and effective herb. Constituents of the oils found in lavender can treat:

hyperactivity
depression
aches and pains
headaches
insomnia
bacteria
fungus
airborne molds

Remember the movie "It's Complicated?"  Meryl Streep offers Alec Baldwin some lavender + honey ice cream to help him go to sleep... I just watched that movie for about the hundredth time the other day. Every time it gets to that part of the movie, there is something about hearing that combination that makes me want to put some pj's on, curl up in bed with a good book and have a big bowl of that ice cream.  Due to the fact that I haven't been having dairy, I had to turn down the ice cream part, but decided that a cookie version of the combination would do just fine.  And it really did.

A unique blend of flavors with minimal ingredients...

Lavender + Honey Almond Flour Cookies
makes roughly 10 cookies

1 ¼ cups almond flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons dried lavender
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3 tablespoons raw honey
¼ cup grapeseed oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine ingredients together in a mixing bowl
Fill 1 tablespoon of cookie mixture and press onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
Bake for 8-10 minutes


Enjoy with a glass of coconut or almond milk and have a restful nights sleep...

*adapted from Elena's pantry

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I'll have to try this! Have you tried making dairy-free ice-cream with banana as a dairy substitute? I make it with frozen mangoes in my vitamix and it's delicious. I don't know if banana and lavender would taste good together though. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I'll have to try this! Have you tried making dairy-free ice-cream with banana as a dairy substitute? I make it with frozen mangoes in my vitamix and it's delicious. I don't know if banana and lavender would taste good together though. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, these cookies sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete

tell me whatcha think