4.01.2013

Paleo Bread & Weekend Round Up

First, I would like to take a moment and give a little shout out to mother nature for bringing some 75 degree weather this weekend.  You really out-did yourself.

Then, I would like congratulate myself and my friends that did the Portland Juice Press 3 Day cleanse. I'm feeling cleansed and rejuvenated and I am walking away with a new appreciation for simple food.  I had a protein bar after my workout this morning and didn't like it one bit... Out with the processed stuff- keep it C L E A N folks!



I'm staying true to the clean eating now more than ever, which is why I skipped the brown rice bread I normally get and opted to make my own this morning.  Thanks to Elena's Pantry, homemade paleo bread is my new thang.




Paleo Bread 
(adapted from Elena's Pantry)

*I just used regular almond flour and mixed without a food processor, tasted just as great!

Ingredients

2 C. Almond Flour
2 Tbs. Coconut Flour
1/4 C. Flaxmeal
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
5 Eggs
2 Tbs. Coconut Oil
1 Tbs. Honey
1 Tbs. Apple Cider Vinegar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Blend together eggs, honey, vinegar, and coconut oil.

In a separate mixing bowl, mix flours, flaxmeal, salt, and baking soda.

Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.

Let the bread cool before serving and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think