5.21.2013

Lentil, Arugula + Fennel Salad

Hello Tuesday.

I can't even believe it's already the 21st of May. To think that a week from today I will in San Diego with my friends and family makes me pretty happy! I really love that my old home is now a vacation spot for me.

Anyway, I have been keeping my diet as simple as I can lately (bathing suit count down), which means minimal ingredients and everything FRESH. I whipped together this salad with some random ingredients I had in the kitchen and it seriously rocked my world.  Try for yourself...



Lentil, Arugula, + Fennel Salad 
... in a honey balsamic dressing

serves one

Ingredients:

2 C. arugula
1/3 gala apple sliced
1/4 C. sliced fennel
1/4 C. lentils
1-2 Tbs. shredded goat milk mozzarella

See dressing recipe here

Directions:

Wash and prep all veggies and fruit.

Mix together balsamic dressing

Warm lentils in a stove top pan.

Assemble the salad without the cheese, placing the warm lentil over the top.

Drizzle over the dressing and shredded cheese on top last.

A little ground pepper too never hurt a salad... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think