6.16.2013

Artichoke Pesto Pasta with Arugula & Sugar Plum Tomatoes

Happy Sunday to you and the Happiest Father's Day to all you Dads out there! I wish I could be in San Diego with my Dad, but nothing makes me feel better than a good phone call to him.

I really love Sunday's... they are by far my favorite day of the week. I usually start it with a healthy breakfast: maybe a scramble with some fruit or toast, and then sip my coffee while watching Joel Osteen. After that, it's always on to something outdoors and active... a hike, a run, tennis. Then- make a nice lunch and head for afternoon drinks on a patio somewhere with some friends. What is there not to like about that?

On the menu today... this tasty, simple and healthy pasta. Remember: you can have pasta. Yup, that's right, you really can! It's all about portioning it correctly and using better ingredients. I'm a fan of spelt, brown rice, or quinoa noodles.


Artichoke Pesto Pasta

1 bag of brown rice pasta
1 8oz container white beans
1/2 C. Artichoke Pesto (non dairy-- i like the brand above)
1/2 small lemon
4 cups arugula
1 1/2 C. halved sugar plum tomatoes
1 tbs olive oil
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Boil brown rice pasta following directions on the back of the bag.

In a stove top pan, quick saute beans, tomatoes and arugula with olive oil, sea salt and pepper.

Once cooked, drain the pasta and rinse the pot used.

Transfer the noodles back into the pot and mix in the pesto sauce on low-medium heat. For a more potent taste, add in more pesto.

Squeeze in half a lemon.

Transfer noodles onto a plate and top with the sautéed arugula, beans, and tomatoes and serve!

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog and I am loving all of the recipes, I will be pinning this one so that I can make it in the very near future. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

tell me whatcha think