7.21.2013

Barre3 + 4 Day Cleanse


Happy Monday y'all!! Although I don't feel great this morning (sore throat... ughhh), I am looking forward to a really great week (a big camping trip is the prize at the end). How about you?

Yesterday I did some serious Sunday cleaning in my house. I also squeezed in some time for an hour long pilates video. My body responds quite well to a power pilates or yoga video, I must say. I've noticed that I feel a whole lot better after that than I do an intense circuit routine. Interesting, huh? Well, after doing some major budgeting, and reassessing, I have actually decided to cancel my gym membership. Sigh...

I enjoy doing so many active things outdoors here in Portland, it just kind of seems like a waste. Plus- I want to give regular barre3 a try instead of the workouts I was doing before.  I've decided to do the monthly subscription to barre3 online and I am THRILLED about it. I will post some before and after photos up here soon to see if in "28 days" I can see a difference.

I'm also jumping into a mild 4 day cleanse. I'll be incorporating my favorite juices from Portland Juice Press and will be barre3'n it up for all 4 days as well. Here is the 4 day cleanse plan I created... comment below if you want to hop on this cleanse with me (accountability people!). 

DAY ONE: 

B: Hot Water + Lemon
     Green Tea
     Protein Shake: 1/2 banana, blueberries, coconut water, brown rice protein powder, ice.

S: Juice #1 Orange Bell Pepper, Pineapple, Celery, Lime, Jalapeño

L: Quinoa + spinach salad with bell pepper, peach, green onion, white mushrooms with olive oil, sea salt, lemon, apple cider vinegar and a little raw honey

S: Juice #2 Romaine, Cilantro, Collard Greens, Cucumber, Lemon, Ginger

D: Juice #3 Apple, Beet, Carrot

DAY TWO: 

B: Hot Water + Lemon
     Green Tea
     Juice #1 Apple, Beet, Carrot     

S: Juice #2 Kale, Spinach, Parsley, Apple, Lemon

L: Steamed white fish with steamed broccoli and cauliflower (lemon, sea salt, garlic)

S: Juice #3 Hazelnuts, Cinnamon Stick, Dates, Filtered Water

D: Juice #4 Romaine, Cilantro, Collard Greens, Cucumber, Lemon, Ginger

DAY THREE: 

B: Hot Water + Lemon
     Green Tea
     Protein Shake: 1/2 banana, blueberries, coconut water, brown rice protein powder, ice.

S: Juice #1 Orange Bell Pepper, Pineapple, Celery, Lime, Jalapeño


S: Juice #2 Hazelnuts, Cinnamon Stick, Dates, Filtered Water

D: Juice #3 Kale, Spinach, Parsley, Apple, Lemon

DAY FOUR: 

B: Hot Water + Lemon
     Green Tea
     Juice #1 Watermelon, Cucumber, Mint

S:  Juice #2 Orange Bell Pepper, Pineapple, Celery, Lime, Jalapeño

L: Steamed white fish with steamed brocoli and cauliflower (lemon, sea salt, garlic)

S: Juice #3 Apple, Beet, Carrot   

D: Juice #4 Romaine, Cilantro, Collard Greens, Cucumber, Lemon, Ginger

DAY FIVE (easing back into reality)

B: Hot water + lemon
     Coffee with almond milk and stevia
     Juice #1 Kale, Spinach, Parsley, Apple, Lemon     

S: Raw Crackers

L: Salad with lean protein

S: Juice #2 Orange Bell Pepper, Pineapple, Celery, Lime, Jalapeño

D: Carrot and Ginger soup (or cucumber/avocado)

Need a snack while cleansing?

Try not to, but if you have to, here are my top snacks:

Small piece of a pure bar or lara bar
Raw veggies
Raw almonds or walnuts

Other cleansing tips...

Water- like crazy (fancy it up with some mint)
Daily probiotic
Dry Brushing
Coffee scrub (mix ground coffee in with coconut oil or shea butter and use as a scrub in the shower- this gets real messy, but its worth it).
Massage (if you can)

Happy cleansing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think