9.05.2013

Spicy Shrimp and Swiss Chard Tacos

This week has been a bit of a frustrating one. I've been a bit under the weather and frankly, I'm really bad at sitting still! After realizing I can only lay in bed for so long, I decided to take a walk to the grocery store to get some fresh air. I picked up some shrimp and swiss chard, went home, and got cooking!

Who doesn't love a good taco? I like to bedazzle (with food) my tacos. Let's face it, most anything tastes good wrapped up in a warm tortilla and soaked in sauce. But really... these are a healthier twist and guaranteed EXTRA delicious. I could have had 12, but decided I'd stick with two (SO on top of my self control these days). *wink

Spicy Shrimp and Swiss Chard Tacos
*sauce makes enough for 6-8 tacos

6-8 White corn tortillas
2 cups of fresh shrimp
1 bundle swiss chard (chopped)
1/2 red onion
Sea Salt + Pepper to taste
Ground red pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil

Creamy Cilantro Sauce

1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
1/2 cup plain goats milk yogurt
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
1-2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
1/8 tsp. salt (or to taste)

Directions: 

In a food processor or blender, blend together all sauce ingredients until creamy and well blended.

Set aside in a dish.

In a sauce pan on medium heat, begin sautéing red onion in 1 teaspoon olive oil.

After about a minute, add in the the swiss chard and the rest of the olive oil.

Then, add in 2 shakes of red pepper, and sea salt/pepper to taste.

Once the swiss chard has wilted (you can add a splash of water if it isn't), you will add the shrimp in last.

While the shrimp is cooking, make sure to heat up your tortillas before assembling them!

Assemble the tortilla: Tortilla + scoop of chard, red onion, and shrimp mix + a spoonful of cilantro sauce- voila!

Happy Taco'in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think