10.07.2013

Guiltless Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes

I don't do lazy often, but when I do, I do it well.

Meet my Sunday morning...



Looks real nice, huh? This past Sunday morning (pre-coastal excursion) consisted of pj's, Alaska: The Last Frontier, a massive coffee and one of the greatest breakfasts I've had in awhile. Say sayonara to boxed, calorie dense, starchy, extra processed pancake mix. These are simple and good for you and I swap almond meal (which most paleo recipes call for) and use coconut flour to cut the calories in half (I try to stay away from almond flour based baking a lot for that purpose).

Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes (Paleo + Low Cal)
makes 3-4 cakes 

 2 egg whites
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
1 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1-2 drops liquid stevia (optional- recommended)
2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips

Toppings: 

1/2 of a banana
1 tsp of unsweetened shredded coconut
Raw honey or maple syrup

Directions: 

Combine all ingredients except banana and shredded coconut.

Heat a greased nonstick skillet over medium high heat for a minute or two. (You want the pan to be completely pre-heated so the first pancakes cooks correctly.) Pour desired amount of batter onto skillet and cook until golden (2-4 minutes on each side).

Top off with sliced banana, coconut, and raw honey or maple syrup... eat up!

FYI- These are around 300-350 for the 4 pancakes. Yep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think