5.28.2014

Moments of Gratitude

This morning, as I slowly began to complain about the weather, a messy driveway (from a ginormous tree in front of our house), being sore from a hard workout, and the fact that I have to go to work... I quickly stopped myself in my car. I said to myself, "whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute!"

Sometimes I catch myself, complaining about such minor things, which at the time seem like the biggest deal. To which I usually say out loud "first world problems, Lindsay." It's crazy because I think sometimes we as humans just have a hard time being grateful for what we actually do have. We always want more, something different, something better, yet so much of what we have to be thankful about is right in front of us.

This morning, I am thankful for living in such a beautiful city. While sometimes being in Portland drives me nuts, it is overall one of the most amazing places you could live, in my opinion.

I am thankful for my fiance. I can't even begin to explain how much I love that man. I had no idea a man so perfect existed and I feel beyond grateful to have a lifetime with him.

I'm thankful for my family and friends. I lucked out with two parents that have done nothing more than show my sister and I love and support our whole lives. They make me smile just thinking about them.

I'm thankful for my job. Working for a modeling agency isn't always the most uplifting environment, but thanks to a great group of coworkers and not taking the industry too seriously, I've usually always made the best out of it. And I truly try my best to be a positive light in an industry full of darkness. There can be a very fun, positive side to it if you make it that way.

Oh, and 10 days until vacation. I'm pretty dang grateful for that.

Time to practice more gratitude, daily...

Lindsay
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think