9.04.2012

Almond Meal Zucchini Chips

When I'm working at home, sometimes I feel like a proper lunch is the last thing I want.  What I reaaaaally want to do is snack.  While I learned the hard way when I first started working from home, snacking isn't the best thing for your figure.  Or maybe at least for myself, someone that doesn't always portion snacks accurately (hee hee).

So, lately I have been making lunch time snack plates.  I will eat a little outside and bring the rest upstairs to the office.  On my snack plate today:


Fresh olives from the deli, turkey wrapped bell pepper with some mustard, grapes, and leftover zucchini chips (recipe below)... And to really fancy things up, I went for a pellegrino today instead of plain old water.  I'm really stepping up my game here ; )

Almond Meal Zucchini Chips
serves 4-8




Ingredients: 

2 Large Zucchini's
1 C. Almond Meal
Coconut Oil (or olive oil)
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste 

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.  

Wash and slice zucchini about a 1/2 an inch thick and keep the shape round. 

In a bowl, mix together almond meal, sea salt, and pepper (I used about 1/2 teaspoon sea salt- just give the mixture a little taste to make sure you don't over or under salt).

Then, with a basting brush, cover each zucchini round lightly with the coconut oil and then dip each one in the almond meal mixture.  Cover generously.

Once each chip has been prepped, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (make sure they do not touch).  

Cook for about 15 minutes at 375.  I then like to turn it up to 425 degrees for another 10-15, so they brown.

Allow them to cool and then eat them alone or dip in marinara sauce for some extra goodness!

Enjoy =)


Pin It

1 comment:

tell me whatcha think