2.15.2013

L.O.V.E. or Something Like That...

I woke up this morning with a happy heart.  I really think that Valentine's Day can add a lot of pressure to the single ladies.  And gents for that matter.  But in my personal opinion, Valentine's Day doesn't have to be all that scary.  This was my first "single girl" Valentine's in almost 8 years and truthfully, it kind of ruled.  Doing things you love, loving yourself, and being around friends and family that love you are all equally as satisfying.  It really is always about perspective, right?

If you sat at home and cried yesterday, write me.  I will take you to dinner.  It breaks my heart when people get worked up over not being in a relationship.  I don't know all the answers, but I can say that one of the best decisions that I have made in my newly single life has been to love yourself first and be happy on your own. And of course be around good friends that make you laugh and bring out the best in you too.  If you need to find one of them, seriously, I will be your friend. And try and make you laugh- which I can sometimes be pretty good at. ; )

Anyway, enough of that.  Today is a new day and... it's Friday!!  Have a really great weekend everyone.

I'm off to eat my breakfast of champions (i.e.: leftover chocolate covered strawberries).


No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think