1.21.2014

2 Minute Chocolate Chip Protein Mug Cake (Paleo)

Happy Tuesday! After a productive weekend I'm feeling ready to take on the week. I'm also gearing up to get some tough post vacation workouts in.

A month ago I decided to start working out with a trainer. My coworker and I go twice a week on our lunch break and it has seriously amped up my routines. I've always done my own thing in the gym and I've gone more for health purposes rather than the physical results. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with the way it has been going. It's pretty crazy to actually see your body change so quickly. I had no idea certain muscles existed (hah!). Another thing I've also seen is my hunger level sky rocket! Helloooooo metabolism, there you are! 

It is crucial to take in proper nutrients after a hard workout, we know this. But my shake or turkey slices and raw veggie snack choices have been wearing out their welcome. It was time for a change...

Mug cake anyone? It contains chocolate chips...


A carb + protein post workout snack is key. 

Protein provides the amino acids necessary to rebuild muscle tissue and carbohydrates replenish glycogen stores that gets depleted after a strenuous workout.

Meet my new snack friend...

Chocolate Chip Protein Mug Cake

1 tbsp. Almond Flour
1 tbsp. Coconut Flour
1 tbsp. Vanilla Protein Powder
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. chopped dark chocolate

optional: 1 tbsp. shredded coconut

Directions: 

Mix all ingredients well in a mug or ramekin. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove, cool, eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think