2.26.2014

Blueberry Protein Baked Oatmeal

Here is my new fiance approved breakfast! Breakfast, as most of you know, is my absolute favorite. I typically do a protein pancake or scrambled eggs and fruit. Lately however, with the ramped up exercising, I have been trying to get a stronger carb source first thing in the morning to sustain more energy throughout the day. Oats can get a little boring sometimes, so I got a little creative and tried to bake it this time.

Oatmeal success! Get ready to feel satisfied and energized!






Blueberry Protein Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients:

1 C. Rolled Oats
1 C. Water
1 C. Vanilla Almond Milk
1/2 C. Egg Whites 
1/2-1 C. Blueberries (depends on how many you like!)
2 tsp. vanilla
6 drops of liquid stevia
1 large scoop vanilla protein powder (I like Tera's Whey or MRM Veggie Protein)
1/8 tsp baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

*Optional for toppings: raw honey and almond butter 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a small round or square pan, mix together all the ingredients directly in the pan. 

Cook for 30 minutes and voila!

**Serve with a scoop of almond butter and drizzle raw honey on top for a little extra love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think