4.29.2014

Wild About: Apple Cider Vinegar





There are so many great things to love about apple cider vinegar! Rather than express my love in a lengthy post , I have compiled my top favorite purposes for ACV. In my opinion, from personal use and research done on it, I continue to love ACV more and more every day.

Here are my favorite ways/reasons to use ACV:

1. Metabolism/Digestion! Studies have found apple cider vinegar to increase a persons metabolic rate, speed up digestion and suppress your appetite, thanks to acetic acid in ACV. This also why ACV is my go-to for indigestion after one too many glasses of red wine (just try not to make it a habit). ; )

2. DIY Face Mask: I have sensitive, semi-dry skin. And sun damage. I swear by the difference I've seen since mixing in ACV with the Indian Healing Clay. The malic and lactic acids found in apple cider vinegar soften and exfoliate skin, reduce red spots, and balance the pH of your skin. Yes please!

3. Body in Balance: Keeping your body in an alkaline state is key to balancing your body. Studies have shown that a state of acidosis appears to allow pathogens and cancer cells to thrive, whereas an alkaline pH discourages that activity. While an alkaline diet (meaning primarily fresh fruits and veggies) is key to this balance, foods such as lemons and apple cider vinegar are incredible ways to alkalize your body. Although they are acidic foods, these in particular get broken down during digestion and form alkaline ions, making them excellent body balancers!

So here is the deal... be gentle on your esophagus. I'm not a fan of taking spoonfuls of straight apple cider vinegar. OUCH! A gentler approach to this is to mix a tablespoon or two before a meal with water. OR, if you can't stand the taste, mix it with a little pineapple or apple juice (no sugar added). You can take it as a shot with your breakfast in the morning!

Experiment with this! I noticed a difference in my digestion and skin in just a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha think